Have you heard about the Memphis Restaurant Association but are a little unsure about the value it offers you and your business? This section will help answer your questions about how we help Memphis restaurants and their management.
What is the Memphis Restaurant Association?
We are the restaurant and foodservice business advocate for the Mid-South, providing a forum for owners, managers and employees to come together to provide Memphis with the necessary tools for customers to choose the greatest places to eat out. Since 1947, we have been serving as the foundation that allows the industry to maintain its high standards.
Not a member yet? Here are the Top 10 Reasons to Join MRA Today!
- Food/beverage vendor discounts. Many of our vendor members are able to give discounts to fellow MRA members. A list of these vendors and their contact information is in our members’ section.
- Access to industry news. Do you feel like sometimes you don’t have time to keep up with the latest news, trends and products in restaurant management? Our members’ section provides full access to the most up-to-date news from the National Restaurant Association and other industry resources.
- Interaction with other owners. Don’t be left out in the dark anymore! Not sure of how other Memphis restaurants are preparing for Memphis in May? Want to share and receive good tips for improving your restaurant? MRA is a great way to interact with other owners and build your network.
- Representation and support with the Memphis and Shelby County Health Department. Be informed of the latest updates and changes in policy. As a member of the Memphis Restaurant Association, not only will you be one of the first to hear of changes, but you also have a voice to share what is and is not working in your establishment.
- Strong legislative representation. Have your voice heard! The MRA serves as your representation on Tennessee legislative issues affecting the restaurant industry. With frequent involvement in Nashville and Washington, D. C., MRA members’ thoughts will be shared and heard.
- Online networking and newsletters keeping you up-to-date with industry news and trends. Let us do the dirty work! The MRA compiles your news and monitors both local and regional trends that will have a direct impact on how you do business.
- Charity and community involvement. Through the MRA, you will be one of the first to hear about Memphis charity and community event opportunities including Zoo Rendezvous, Youth Villages’ Soup Sunday, Memphis in May and other events throughout the year.
- Forms and documents at your fingertips. The MRA members’ area has all the forms and documents that you will need for your restaurant and your employees including tax forms, food safety guidelines, and more.
- Special members-only vendor directory. Need to see about a new beverage dispenser? Do you want to switch food distributors? The MRA members’ section provides a comprehensive list of vendors along with member feedback and recommendations.
- Focus on your business. With so much that is required to manage and operate a restaurant on a day-to-day basis, isn’t it nice to have a resource that helps make necessary processes and procedures easier to manage? MRA members save time and money so they can focus on what they need to work on without the hang-ups.
So what are you waiting for?